Thursday, April 12, 2012

Loving My Enemies.

What did Jesus mean when He said, "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful." (Luke 6:35-36)? How does that look like? To turn the other cheek and giving to those who take away the very clothes on myself. To pray for those who persecute and mock me. Did Jesus mean what He commended? I completely believe He meant what He said. Jesus' commend is impossible to obey on my own but by having faith and trust in Him, only then can I truly love my enemies. Who are my enemies? It's the person who hurt me and mock me. It's the individual who lies and cheats to get their own ways. It's the one who betrays and turn his or her back on me. I am realizing more and more these days that people I think are my friends will eventually fail, disappoint and give up when circumstances are too hard. God never fails, He never disappoints and He never lets go. His love is overwhelming and extravagant. How do I love my enemies as myself? How can God love a person like me when I struggle each day to love people? These days, I feel discouraged and it's harder to love. Only way I love is following Christ and striving to live like Him. He loved His enemies even when they killed Him on the cross and rejected Him. He forgave those who hurt Him and asked His Father to forgive them. What a wonderful Savior! I think one way to love my enemies is denying myself and taking up my cross each day. To seek and run to Jesus when I can not love on my own. To read the Bible and pray. To be in intimate conversation continually with Him. To become like Christ. I do not have it all figured out about loving my enemies but one thing I know, I want to obey Christ's commend and live a life that glorifies Him. My life is not my own. I was given this life for His glory and I pray that He will use me. I pray that He will teach me daily to love like Him. Thanks for reading what's happening in my heart and head! May love of Christ overwhelm you and give you peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment