Monday, April 28, 2014

Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
     a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
     a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
     a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
     a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
     a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NIV)


I turned 30 few days ago and what a milestone birthday it has been. Turning 21 was big but turning 30, it was even bigger. There were moments before I turned the big 3-0 when I felt panic coming up but I kept reminding myself that it's just a number and with age comes more wisdom and life experiences. I learned so much and grown a lot as a person. I look forward to what God has in store for me this coming year. As I reflect on my life this far, I feel like there is so much that God is still working in my life and preparing me. I think I am still in the season of preparation and even though I am not sure where I will eventually be, I will follow His lead. Trust in a God who knows the best for my life and God who loves me far more than anyone in this world. 

God's timing is just right and I need to have faith that God is doing something in my life for His glory. Take a leap of faith and run the race with God. Persevere and see it to the end. Not give up and keep my eyes on Christ.Be okay in my own skin and be confident knowing that God loves me no matter what. Not to worry about the little things and let God take care of me. 

April has been a month long celebration of my birthday and I am so thankful to my family and friends who made it extra special for me. I felt very loved by all the birthday wishes, surprises and gifts! THANK YOU! May love of Christ is showered richly in your life. Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment