Friday, February 6, 2009

God-Ordained Passion

Recently (by that I mean this week), I picked up reading my pastor Mark's book "Wild Goose Chase" again. When I first obtained the book, I started reading it and stopped because I was not ready to soak in what pastor Mark was writing in the book. This week, I don't know why but I felt led to read the book again. And wow, each chapter has challenged me so much. One chapter that really captured my heart was when pastor Mark challenged the reader about having and pursuing God-ordained passion. Right now, I am not chasing my God-ordained passion. I mean, I am a consultant (more like glorified intern) that make more copies and putting together packets rather than using my talents, skills and training I received all the years I was in school. I felt very discouraged and down these days and reading the book I felt like God was telling me through the book that I need to start chasing my God-ordained passion. But what is my God-ordained passion? I have an idea relating to human rights issue and justice; however, that's far as I got so far. I believe that each individual deserve the right to live where he or she desire, learn as much as possible, work in whatever he or she wants to, be free to travel and pursue his or her passion whether that be God-ordained or not. Lately, God has broken my heart for North Korea and it makes me sad and angry to see the injustice over there. I believe I will be glad when people in North Korea experience the same freedom that I experience here in United States. Another country that God has broken my heart for is Ethiopia. I will soon be going over to Ethiopia and I do not know what God has in stored but I know that He will be glorified. I have the great opportunity to work at a NGO that promotes democracy around the world; however, I would rather be working somewhere that I can directly help with human rights issue and eliminating injustice around the world. Is that too crazy of an idea? So, right now, I am trying to figure out if I should continue working at my current employment location because there's opening in a permanent position or apply somewhere else where I can develop my God-ordained passion. It's a dilemma because on one hand, having a permanent job will get my mom off my back about having a permanent position and on the other hand, I don't want to make any more copies and putting together packets. Sigh, what to do? I put my faith in God and trust that He'll give me an epiphany soon! :) Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment