Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Being Teachable

I been thinking a lot about what makes me alive and motivates me to go forward. After much pondering, one that came to mind is learning. I love to learn and digest what I have learned. I love the feeling of learning and coming to understand what I have been taught. I was not always teachable. I used to be stubborn and set in my ways. I think I learn to be teachable when I went to college and from there I just wanted to learn as much as possible. I am lifelong learner and I hope I continue to be teachable. When I was younger, I did not want to learn or try new ideas or actions. I wanted to walk in the old ways and stay clear of the new ways. With time, I came to appreciate learning new ideas or actions. In my Christian walk, I strive to be a disciple of Christ and I feel like I am continuously learning about what it really means to have a Christ-centered life. Learning excites me and I wish I can be a lifelong professional student but I remember I still need to pay my bills so I have to make a living by working in a job. Deep inside me, I want to learn and take the challenges that come with learning. Currently, I feel stuck and I do not know if I am being challenged enough in my life as whole. I kind of wish I was back in college or graduate school and learn about some subject that may interest me. One of my favorite hobby is sports. I feel like I have so much to learn and understand certain sports. For example, I love baseball and cheering for my teams but secretly, I want to understand how to keep count and mark it down on the scorecard. I just find it fascinating when fans at the ballpark write on the scorecard. All I do is cheer for the team and try to follow the game much as possible. To be honest, I think I would love baseball even more if I understand the game much better. Another example, the Bible. I love the Bible and there is so much to learn about in the Bible. I think sometimes I just merely read the Bible and miss the lessons or points that God may be teaching me at that moment. There's so many other examples and I want to continue to learn. I believe that if I was not teachable then I would not be the person I am right now. I learned to take care of myself when I had to move away from my family. I learned to enjoy variety of food and eating new types of food. I learned to speak another language other than my native language. I learned to appreciate being photographed and taking photos to capture the moments. I am slowly learning to say no when appropriate and learning to rest. Life is full of lessons I need to learn and I hope I continue learning even when I am very old. All this to write, I want to be teachable and learn as much as possible.Thanks for reading and may Christ love fill you up today.

"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." -Psalm 86:11

No comments:

Post a Comment