Monday, July 19, 2010

Rest

I learned my lesson today and it's a repeated lesson. Past week, I was doing activities non-stop and this morning I felt the effect of it all. My body was telling me that I need to stop and rest. I stayed at my apartment and took my sick leave today from work. My friends were having a get-together but I had to forgo on that. As much as I like to do stuff with my friends, I am realizing that if I don't care for my body then no one else will. I am not a robot that can function continuously, even robot will stop if it's energy source is gone. It was nice to just rest and recharge. I think I need to seriously look at what all I am doing and have a time when I can rest. May you find rest and peace in Christ today!

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." -1 Corinthians 6:19-20

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Always a good reminder that we need rest AND can rest in HIM.

    ReplyDelete