Thursday, July 15, 2010

Joy in the LORD

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Where does my joy come from? The hope of Christ. Lately, I feel like I have been lacking in the joy department. Circumstances surrounding me have detract me from having that joy that it has made me feel down and discouraged. However, my close good friend prayed over me via email today & almost brought tears in my eyes as I read the words she wrote with encouragment to my heart. She prayed in her email that God will restore the joy in my life and that really struck my heart. I think I let the world suck me into thinking that I need to worry rather than trust in Jesus only. Whatever situtation I am, I just need to give it to the LORD rather than thinking it over in my head and leading to unnecessary stresses. I think I need to spend more time in the Word and prayer. Hope in Christ. Joy in my heart. Thankful that this life is not about what I do but the glory of His name. May Christ fill your heart with joy and peace! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment