Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday, Great Friday or Black Friday

So, I was curious about the reason for the name behind Good Friday and decided to do some research on the website. When I typed it in, Wikipedia was the first on the list so I decided to read the article. I know what Good Friday is all about but I wasn't so sure why it was named Good Friday. I mean why is it named "Good Friday"? I still am not sure because the article was not clear on the name rather it talked about the what. And then, other names are "Great Friday" or "Black Friday". Maybe it's name this way because Jesus, who is innocent and pure, laid down His life for everyone so that we may be sons and daughters of Most High King if we believe in Him that is. Or maybe, the day is good because Jesus turned a horrible act into something beautiful. I don't know why it's called "Good Friday, Great Friday or Black Friday" but I know the meaning behind the day but wish I knew who came up with the name. Maybe, I'll just have to ask Jesus when I go to heaven about the naming system. Anywho, I am so thankful for today and what Jesus did on the cross. I am looking forward to Easter and celebrating the resurrection! Have a wonderful "Good Friday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment