Monday, March 30, 2009

Hard Decision

I was thinking lately that I don't like this grown-up business of making decisions especially one concerning money and working. I rather depend on someone else to make my decisions - God. However, God gave us the mind and intellect to make our own decisions plus freewill somehow all mixed in there. So, I been really struggling about what to do about a job offer and prayed to God for an direction and guidance. Ever since I was offered the job though, I had this heavy sense of unrest and burden to decline the offer. It would been very practical and easy if I took the job right away; however, I asked for few days extension and had much time to pray and think about what I should do with the job offer. I was hoping God would give me clarity right away and some random person would tell me that I should or should not take the job. Well, how wrong I was, there was no such person and there was no strong clarity. So, over the weekend, I just sought out the Lord and prayed over the decision I was going to make on my own. I was hoping my parents would help with the decision making but they just told me to seek the Lord and whatever my decision, they were happy either way. Pressure, yes. Knowing that if I took the job, it would be temporary once again but it was a security and safe to have a job awaiting for me when I was done with my consultant jobs. Sigh. Well, after much prayer and talking with various people, I have decided to decline the job offer and pray that God will bring other job interviews/offers. I been applying for other jobs but have not heard back except the one I interviewed and was offered the job. I was hoping I had more options before making the decision but that did not happen. So, here's me taking a risk and putting myself out again for an employment unknown. Maybe, I will have a permanent job before my consultant positions that is ending end of May or maybe I will be unemployed. Whatever the case, my hope and trust is in the Lord who gives and takes away. I pray that God be gracious and pour His love over you! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment