Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best Friends

Today, I had the great honor of hanging out with one of my best friends in Texas and I love hanging out with her. Every time I come back to Texas, there's no ifs about it, I have to hang out with my best friend. I known her since freshmen in college and was roommates for three years in college. We had our good times and our bad times. We had times we liked each other and times we did not like each other very much. Through it all, we're still best friends. It's funny how life changes after college. Just two years ago, we were still in college doing random road trips and being silly. While I hung out with her, I noticed how we matured and realized that we were not in college anymore. I still like to be silly and be random but there are times when I can be serious and be grown-up. I wanted so much to remain childish but those days are gone and the day has come where I have to be an adult but I can still be child at heart, right? I consider myself still relatively young and sometimes feel so intimidated by people I work with in the office or people who are older than me in general. I mean there's so many smart and experienced people in DC, I wonder what can I possible do that can measure up to the people in DC? However, a verse that always encourages me is I Timothy 4:12 when Paul instructs Timothy: "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." What an encouragement! I sometimes give myself such an hard time about my age and experiences that I become down on myself; yet, I can demonstrate the love of Christ through how I speak and how I act. So back to hanging out with my best friend, I realized that I get excited about almost everything and I need to tune down on my excitement. I think I make myself so excited about something I will do or hanging out with someone that I forget that it may annoy someone or I may get disappointed when the excitement is not returned. I still probably will be excited about an activity or hanging out, it's just part of my personality and I am not going to change unless someone confronts me that I shouldn't be so excited. Hanging out with my best friend was like taking a fresh breath of air. It was so relaxing and I didn't feel like we had to rush through the time we were spending. I love to spend quality time with my friends and I rather hang out with friends than receiving gifts from people. I am a giver more than a receiver. I love receiving, don't get me wrong. I will probably thank you and show my appreciation for the gift but I would rather spend quality time with you more. I love hanging out with my best friend today and I will miss hanging out with her when I go back to DC. I hope you will have great opportunities to hang out with your best friends this Christmas time. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment