Saturday, December 13, 2008

True Meaning of Christmas

So, I had my second babysitting job of the week last night and it was nice just watching TV the whole time while the baby slept so peacefully. I watched "The Chronicle of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".  I wasn't watching it consistently because I was also simultaneously reading this book about Christmas songs and the meaning behind the songs. I knew few of the song's history and how it came to be but this book had a lot more. Even though, the music that accompanied that book wasn't on, I sang the songs to myself and read the stories behind the songs. I loved the Christmas songs and it showed me that the true meaning of Christmas is about birth of a Savior, Jesus. And seeing the movie also helped me realized that the Light has come to this dark world yet people did not recognize the Light. I love stories and I love the story of Jesus. I love the fact that Jesus who was God came to this world as a human being to show us what Love is all about. So this Christmas, I am going to be more of a minimalist and ask people to refrain from giving me physical gifts rather I would love to spend time with people and create Christmas time memories. One of the things I already gave myself was splurging on my hair. I got new highlights and I am explaining to myself that rather than shopping for clothes or accessories or other unnecessary stuff, I am going to treat myself by getting my hair done so if you happen to see me, my hair is different but I love the change and it fits with Christmas color. That being said, the true meaning of Christmas is about Christ and I think it's not about giving and getting more stuff. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment