Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thoughts When Walking the Dog

Past two days, I walked my dog since I won't be able to when I return to DC. While walking my dog, I had lot of time to think especially about what I read in the Bible these past two days. I was reading the parable of the Sower and ponder about what kind of seed am I. I don't want to be a seed that falls on the ground and not produce. I want to be a seed that grows and produces crop. Jesus said "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop." (Luke 8:15). So last blog, I wrote about loving my neighbor and I been thinking about that a lot. I have been re-reading what I wrote and try to really get it. I don't want to just write or talk about it but actually live out what I write in the blog. It's been a struggle for me to live out the love my neighbor and I have been praying that I may really live out what Christ instructed us to love our neighbor. Faith in Christ and not rely on myself to do something that's a struggle for me. In Luke 9:22 - 25, "Then He said to them all: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?' " So, this one is a tough one. To deny myself and to take up my cross daily and follow Jesus. I can imagine myself, before I became a Christian, I would have objected to what Jesus is saying to us. Sometimes, I think it'll be easier to live a life that the society consider as a norm but then I realize what's the point of life if it's about me. I rather have Christ in me then have all the worldly riches. To have my focus on Jesus and think about what He has done for me. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (Hebrews 12:2-3) What encouragement! Gaze upon Jesus and not get discouraged when I face hardship from the world. Being at home in Houston has been a great time of reflection for me and as we enter 2009, I pray that Jesus will be our center in our lives and follow Him wherever He leads us in life. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment