Saturday, December 20, 2008

Divine Meeting

I am finally in Texas and it's so good to be home to people who love and welcome me with open arms. Coming home was not easy since my flight was delayed and I didn't arrive to Texas until late yesterday night. While waiting at the airport, God gave me the great opportunity to meet people He has planned for me to meet. First encounter was when I got my dinner at this Chinese place in the airport and one of the worker noticed that I was burn. So when I sat down to eat at a table, the worker came by the table and sat down next to me. She began to tell me that she had a friend who was burn and was telling me that there was this certain makeup I should use to hide my scars. At this point, I didn't want to be rude and just smiled and nod. Then she called another person to get the name of the makeup brand and she gave me the phone to talk to this person. I wanted to get away as soon as possible and politely as I can. I thanked her and went to my departure gate to wait for the flight. Man, I was so discouraged from hearing about how I need to hide my scars even more and I was pretty down. The airport was crowded and there was no where to sit until seats open up. I sat down to this lady who was approachable and thought I was with this guy. So, we began to talk and I was so glad to meet another Christ follower, a sister in Christ. We began to talk about how God changed our lives and we ended up sitting together in the plane. She encouraged and ministered to me so much, more than she would ever know. When I shared my story about my burns and how Christ has so filled my heart, she also shared her story and told me that I was beautiful and she thought I looked young like being twenty. I love divine meetings and I love how we connected as family in Christ. Not only did I meet this lady but also I met another lady who sat by us. We had conversation about almost everything and what seemed like a long trip home was short due to talking with these great ladies. I think I underestimate myself and like most girls I know, I am self-conscious about my appearance. I don't really care about my burn scars but I do care that I look presentable and not get weird looks from people . I don't like to wear makeup and rather go natural all the time if I could but it's fun to wear makeup and look nice. Back to divine meeting, God has a funny way putting me at a place at the right time for me to meet certain people. I met my best friends that way and I am very thankful that He would put great people in my life. God places all kinds of people in my path. Some people are nice and other people are mean; however, I am glad I met them. I just hope that when people meet me, I can be a blessing to them, not detrimental to them. I have a great legacy from my grandparents. On my dad side, my grandfather who was a pastor met all kinds of people and from the stories I hear, he showed Christ love to people he met. I am sure my grandfather wasn't perfect but I know that he strive to follow and live for Christ daily. My grandfather was the founder/president of Korea World University Service and this nonprofit organization provided scholarship to low-income college students with tuition and housing. To get the funding for the scholarship, he traveled around the world so that there would be scholarship money for the college students. Also, he went to Princeton University as a researcher and I hope to find out what he researched while he was in America. I want to be well-traveled like my grandfather and be a blessing to people.  I feel so blessed and I am so excited about going over to Ethiopia to meet the people God has planned for me to meet. Divine meetings. I am amazed and love the surprise that comes with it. During this holiday season, I hope that you'll have divine meetings. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment