Sunday, January 25, 2009

Random Act of Kindness

So, I love when people do random act of kindness. My week has been hectic and busy with work and trying to recover from all the fun-ness of the week. On Thursday evening, I worked at Ebz (coffeehouse) and I was having one of those days but then, this lady who was there gave me this really cute big plastic ring to me. Little background story, so about a month ago, this same lady came into the coffeehouse and she was wearing this big plastic ring that I admired. I asked her where she got it and she told me where she got it. And then, she told me that she was going to get me one and I told her it was okay, I will try to go buy it sometime (which I was't able to go by the place to buy the big plastic ring because I have been so busy). So, I forgot all about this until I saw her this Thursday evening. And guess what? She remembered and gave me the ring. She made my day! When I was in college, I was in a Christian sorority and we had this thing called random acts of kindness where we encouraged people by doing something like baking cookies and giving them to a individual or group. I love it when people are kind to each other and not because of self-interest but just because. I think it's crucial that we as Christians are kind to each other but also to other people who may not be Christians. I have days when I want to be rude or mean back to someone who is being rude or mean to me especially at the coffeehouse. There are days when people try my patience and I just want to shut down. However, I remember what Jesus went through and how He commanded us to love one another and show mercy. Forgive and forget. Turn the other cheek. Christianity sure is not for the weak hearted. I hope that there are more random act of kindness in the world. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment