Monday, January 12, 2009

Self-Control

So, this morning, I realized that I am on the Facebook, way too much and I decided that I need to take a break/fast from the Facebook until the weekend starts (Friday evening). I think I spent a lot of time being on the Facebook instead of reading books or even relaxing for that matter. I was so tempted to get on the Facebook when I returned from work; however, I am going to resist and I am going to control myself from signing into the website. One of my New Year's resolutions/goals was to use my time more wisely and I think that being on the Facebook is not a great way to spend my time. I am usually spending my time either at work, with hanging out with friends and I make sure I spend time with God daily. So, my day is pretty full and what time I do have for myself I feel like I spent it on the Facebook. With that said, I really am going to try hard to stay away from the website even if I get email notifications. I know that I can do this especially since I can use the time to read, pray and be still in the Lord. I have to say though that this is going to be hard for me; however, I will restrain from giving into temptation of getting on the Facebook. Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment